The Accounts Payable & Receivable Specialist is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization and the receipt/accounting of funds invoiced and paid to the organization. This role may serve as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing, payment of goods and services, and receipt of payment for goods and services completed by Earth Elements.
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks
- Distributes signed checks as required
- Prepares garnishment checks per reports from payroll
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and corporate accounts payable files
- Prepares cleared checks for storage
- Assure timely collection of monies due to company
- Monitor and report on deviations from credit standards
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Assure that the companies standard template regarding invoice sample is in place for every customer
- Conduct credit checks on all customer, establish and manage limits
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures
- Assists in monthly closings
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required
- Performs filing and copying
- Communicates with co-workers, management, vendors and others in a courteous and professional manner
Skills and Experience:
- A high school diploma, required
- Associate degree in accounting, preferred
- 1 year of previous AP, AR, credit and collections experience, preferred
- Must embrace ambiguity and be able to operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be highly skilled in use of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Compensation: Dependent on Experience
- Paid Holidays & Time Off
- Health Benefits
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Earth Elements Core Values:
- Integrity & Credibility – We openly model honesty, courage, and accountability.
- Team Work – Be part of the team. Working together, rising above any conflicts that present themselves, in order to achieve common goals and make continued progress.
- Excellence – We hold ourselves and each other to high standards and pursue superior performance.
- Can Do Attitude – Ability to rise above the immediate circumstance and change the way we think about situations in order to reach the desired goals.
- Quality – Dedication to providing quality work, services and products that meet or exceed expectations and a commitment to quality improvement.
- Humility and Civility - Respect for others and their contributions. We recognize that we are imperfect but always strive to improve.
- Fun - Enjoying what you get to do and who you do it with so that a contagious enthusiasm is brought to every job, project and interaction you have in the workplace.
For more information and to apply: www.earthelements.com/careers
Earth Elements is an Equal Opportunity Employer