The eCommerce Manager is responsible for managing all eCommerce functions to achieve company growth objectives, sales goals and customer expectations. This includes managing the performance, merchandising, functionality and operations of Murdochs.com, including roadmap development for feature and functionality enhancements. This position is responsible for leading the development and execution of the site experience, including promotions, personalization initiatives, and merchandising to support our company goals and help drive both Murdochs.com sales, as well as the overall business. This role will work closely with our Marketing, Merchandising, Store Operations and IT teams to both operationally and creatively share the Murdoch’s brand with our customers across content, products, and experience. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering work that drives business performance, enjoys rolling up their sleeves, has strong project management skills, can motivate and inspire a diverse team and values collaboration and partnership.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team that collaborates, communicates, performs at high levels, learns something new every day, and challenges the norm.
- Develop and build dynamic site plans that are connected to the company and eCommerce sales and expense plan to ensure the achievement of business goals.
- Manage product roadmap of website initiatives from kickoff through completion; partner with key stakeholders to craft business cases to assess opportunities and work in partnership with IT, Marketing and external partners to translate business needs into clear requirements
- Lead our web personalization strategy and execution.
- Utilize analytics and customer insights to identify site opportunities including conversion friction points and user experience pitfalls, test different strategies and drive recommendations that will improve traffic, conversion, AOV and overall site experience.
- Partner with Marketing and Creative to create content strategies that support key launches, promotions and SEO.
- Lead eCommerce merchandising and product positioning across the Murdochs.com experience.
- Lead the Customer Service team; establish standards of service in alignment with Murdoch’s overall customer service philosophy; partner with Store Operations to deliver consistent customer experiences across Murdochs.com and our stores.
- Partner with Marketing to develop campaigns that improve SEO, increase traffic to the site and strengthen customer loyalty.
- Identify and develop briefs for online needs, including product photography, interactive experiences, merchandising optimizations, conversion focused tactics, and evergreen content.
- Be accountable for the management of the online product catalog, product hierarchy and associated implementation on Murdochs.com
- Lead resolution on issues related to site features and be the global point of support.
- Stay current with industry trends in eCommerce and online customer experiences.
Skill Set Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven experience in eCommerce and Digital Marketing.
- Ecommerce platform and catalog management required.
- Content Management system experience required.
- Experience with web analytics tools, eCommerce SEO strategies and tactics.
- 2+ years of experience managing and leading teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships and collaborate with multiple departments.
- Excited to embrace and drive eCommerce experience and increased conversion and acquisition.
- A strong track record of identifying high value, low cost solutions to problems by balancing business needs with resources and tech capabilities.
- Proven success managing cross-functional teams and external vendors to accomplish goals.
- Flexible self-starter with optimistic attitude.
- Ability to understand business processes, identify needs and impacts to partners and navigate process change and optimization accordingly.
- Helpful to understand user centered design, UX, and user testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; "connecting the dots."
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative; always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
- Embrace and live Murdoch’s MVPs.
- Some travel required.