Position: Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Under direction of CIO, coordinate and install desktop systems and application software in a networked environment, identify and resolve problems with PC hardware, software and local area networks. Additional duties include data center management, patch deployment, system development, and planning/purchasing. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations within area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the credit union’s local area and wide area network hardware and software to ensure back-end functions, systems, servers and peripherals are operational
- Plans, implements, and manages projects that may include new locations or deploying innovative technologies across the network.
- Interacts with all levels of management in developing solutions to problems and creating efficiencies pertaining to processes that impact business.
- Coordinate with CIO to assure timely and accurate hardware and software upgrades
- Deliver technical support; identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical issues.
- Answer inquiries by providing problem resolution or coordinating resolution with appropriate personnel, providers or consultants
- Regularly, and as mandated, test installed hardware and software to make certain hardware and software are working as expected
- Assist with ATM installation, maintenance and support
- Assist with the purchase of equipment, hardware, software and related supplies
- Assist with securing and maintaining applicable software licenses
- Assist with establishing and maintaining building security to include camera and alarm systems
- Cooperate and participate in technology audits as requested and/or required
- Maintain helpdesk databases and libraries
- Assist in preparing documentation as required for NCUA examinations
- Provide on-call technical support after-hours
- Ensure all information and transactions regarding Credit Union members are kept confidential
- Maintain current knowledge of BFCU’s technology products and services
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor with co-workers, members, management, board members, and outside vendors
- Cooperate with other department personnel to ensure a “team effort” and prompt member service
- Enforce strict adherence to established security procedures
- Participate in continuing education as approved by supervisor
- Keep abreast of industry trends in technology via trade publications and associations
- Report to work on time and as scheduled
- Attend meetings as required
- Adhere to facility dress code
These duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Specialized training/certifications in networking, technology, communications and information systems required
- 3-5 years IT experience preferred
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations that apply to financial institutions
- Knowledge of financial services delivery
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve conflicts
- Industry certifications (Security+, Network+, etc.)
- Programming/scripting skills
- Database management experience
- Requires working with frequent interruption
- Requires being under constant pressure and time limitations
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds
- Stooping; kneeling; crouching; and reaching below, at, and over shoulder level required
- Requires ability to travel locally
- Sitting – 30%; standing and walking - 70%
- Hearing, visual, and verbal ability required