WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are in search of an innovative Back End Developer who can wear many hats, will positively enhance our work culture, and is eager to realize their full potential. Our ideal candidate will have a both extensive experience as a developer as well as a genuine desire to learn.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role as TOMIS’ Back End Developer you will be both evolving and exciting. You will be working directly with the TOMIS front-end engineering team to plan and construct and maintain the TOMIS platform. This position will be an instrumental member of the development team with potential growth into a senior management position.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Cannot work remote. Candidate must be located in Missoula, MT
- Minimum of 4 years of applicable experience
- Must work well and communicate effectively with a small team, using the Kanban approach to the Agile methodology
- Ability to create and follow thorough documentation
- Experience developing quality RESTful APIs
- Must have a strong background in Python using the Django REST framework.
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Ability to effectively lead multiple projects at the same time and manage time and prioritized task management
- Experience utilizing 3rd-party APIs, such as Google API, Mailchimp, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, etc
Degree or certificate in relevant and/or combination of experience highly recommended.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Machine learning / data mining experience
- Experience using Atlassian products such as JIRA, BitBucket, and Confluence
- Experience, understanding and/or passion for the outdoor activity / tourism industry
- Django, Google APIs, Google Adwords and Analytics, Python3, Django Rest Framework
This is an extremely exciting time to join the TOMIS team as there is an exceptional degree of growth potential.
- Company has established true product-market-fit in an untapped industry with high-growth potential
- Office located in the heart of downtown Missoula
- Startup environment with ability to grow into senior management position
- Ability to work with world-class data scientists and software development team
- You’ll be working directly with the back-end engineering team in building out the user interface and optimizing user experience while interfacing with the RESTful API.
- The job is “seriously fun, even when it’s stressful, which I can’t say about previous companies I’ve worked for.” -DevOps Manager
- Powder-day ski policy, dog-friendly workplace
- Company wellness program
- Quarterly Employee Recognition/Incentive Program