About the Role
Figure is a financial technology company with the mission of leveraging blockchain, AI and advanced analytics to unlock new access points for consumer credit products that can transform the financial lives of our customers. We provide home equity release solutions, including home equity lines of credit, home improvement loans and home buy-lease back offering for retirement. Concurrently, we are building a blockchain protocol for the origination, custody, trading and securitization of whole loans and other assets.
We are a group of passionate innovators and serial entrepreneurs with a proven track record of creating billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space. We are targeting significant growth and milestones in the next few years, and are looking to hire exceptional talent.
Figure is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our group of talented engineers. SDETs are critical members of the team ensuring we are delivering quality products to our consumers. In this role, you'll build and utilize cutting-edge testing tools in an agile environment to plan and conduct testing of our brand new and innovative software products. We are in the early stages of development, so many of the test frameworks are not solidified. This is an opportunity to shape how we at Figure test and measure the quality of our codebases.
If you like working in a fast paced, startup environment with passionate, innovative engineers, join our team!
What You'll Do:
- Learn about Figure’s products and the desired customer workflow, advocating for quality and an excellent customer experience
- Write test plans and test cases for assigned features
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
- Design and develop test plans; test cases based upon functional and design specifications
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative team environment within Engineering and across other teams and stakeholders
- Identify and evangelize the most effective and efficient ways to test the product
- Influence and communicate effectively with development teams, managers and non-technical audiences including senior product and business management
- Monitor, investigate and identify problems with production components, processes, help development diagnose and test fixes
- Continuously look for and identify ways to improve the testing cycle and as a critical part of the SDET Team
- Break things so we can fix them prior to launching a new product
- Build testing frameworks to test all aspects of the application, including load testing, api testing and memory profiling
Below are the current languages and frameworks in place today:
- Languages: Kotlin, Java, Angular/React ES6 (ECMAScript)
- Frameworks: JIRA for project tracking, Jenkins for test automation
What we look for:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of Quality Assurance, test engineering, or development experience, working in an agile environment
- Ability to work collaboratively to identify and solve problems across distributed teams with strong communication skills
- Knowledge of testing interfaces and distributed systems
- Ability to create, execute, and properly communicate automated and manual test plans
- Proven ability to build, maintain and configure testing environments
- Self motivation to continue growing your skills as an Engineer and push for quality products in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience testing cloud-based applications or distributed systems
Benefits to you
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide 25% bonus target
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA
- Commuter benefits
- And much more to come!