Responsible for investigating BFCU’s core processing system, Symitar/Episys, identifying options for improving the system, and bridging the needs of the business with the use of technology. This position is a liaison among internal team members, Member Driven Technologies (MDT) and Jack Henry & Associates, and requires an understanding of the structure, policies, and operations of the organization, in order to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Person(s) in the position will assist with project management, functional design, testing and training to ensure successful completion of initiatives and projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the organization’s direction, structure, and initiatives. Become the subject matter expert in various aspects of the core processing product. Effectively analyze current business processes and systems to identify potential opportunities, needs, issues, and problems that could impact business results. Synthesize data to support recommendations for action.
- Act as the primary contact and communication point to/from MDT on technical issues or problems. Escalate to Senior Management Team when appropriate.
- Assist staff in troubleshooting account issues
- Manage, track and log internal help desk tickets for BFCU in MDT’s SBM system
- Develop process and technical recommendations to drive efficiency and productivity based on data collected. Understands testing capabilities of systems/products, personally conduct necessary testing for system upgrades/new products, and develop comprehensive user testing opportunities, as appropriate.
- Effectively collaborate with MDT internal IT professionals to ensure efficient, effective and appropriate use of Symitar/Episys software/hardware.
- Coordinate Symitar module additions or upgrades as required by BFCU.
- Schedule nightly and month end “GOODNIGHT” process and monitor status
- Create reports as requested by management team, NCUA and internal auditor
- Provide project management for all activities between BFCU and MDT. Clearly articulate roles, project goals and timelines, orally and written. Execute projects in a coordinated and timely manner.
- Coordinate staff training as needed for new hires, core system updates, system releases, add-ons, etc.
- Maintain and administer PowerOn Library for BFCU.
- Maintain and administer staff privileges in Core System
- Maintain and administer parameters, defaults, help files, letter files, and system settings within the core.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals within area of responsibility.
- Monitor ETL Manager in ARCU module for optimization, and clear alerts when necessary
- Liaise with members of other departments to plan, design and accomplish key system optimization initiatives.
- Appropriately communicate process/system recommendations and status of projects through meetings, email, interpersonal communication, and occasional presentations.
- Available nights and weekends to troubleshoot systems issues
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for open discussions of ideas, expeditious conflict resolution, timely responsiveness to core system issues, and a general cohesiveness within core system use.
- Monitor and maintain service standards as determined by the credit union and strive for an excellent member experience in every point of contact.
- Maintain confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information.
- Responsible for providing exceptional service to internal customers and members.
- Represent the credit union in a professional manner at work and in the community.
- Consciously contribute to a positive workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization with emphasis on the identified mission, vision, brand and values of the organization.
- Attend and/or facilitate meetings as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with established dress code policy.
TRAINING and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive project management experience required.
- Intermediate experience with employee training preferred.
- 3-5 years progressive financial institution experience preferred.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good judgment, logical and sound decision-making and problem-solving skills essential.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Exceptional member service skills and excellent team-building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines.
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism and tact.
- Advanced technological skills and knowledge, including computer and systems networking.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires working with frequent interruption
- Requires being under constant pressure and time limitations
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds
- Stooping; kneeling; crouching; and reaching below, at, and over shoulder level required
- Requires ability to travel among branches
- Sitting – 30%; standing and walking - 70%
- Hearing, visual, and verbal ability required
- Occasional out-of-town and overnight business travel may be required