The Director of Sales will directly influence the growth rate and profitability of Foundant by taking responsibility to align and optimize the entire sales experience and increase all aspects of sales, which includes new business sales and installed client base sales. Someone successful in this role can achieve the goals while keeping the company’s long-term views in mind, focusing on the best results for clients and not sacrificing integrity, or our reputation, to close a deal.
A day in the life:
Foundant’s Sales Director will interact with many departments, topics, and meetings throughout each day. A typical day likely starts with answering Zoom chat questions and reviewing your emails to see if anything urgent needs to be addressed. Meetings you’ll attend will consist of: 1 on 1’s with team members, marketing lead gen, client success team, sales team standup, management team, ad-hoc zoom meeting with reps to problem solve, R&D Demo of new release. Additionally, there will be time sensitive responses and tasks through email, Zoom chat and meeting activities. A successful candidate can balance all of this while maintaining the forecast, coaching their team as needed, reviewing won/lost deals, working on new strategies for a changing product and industry and keeping the team engaged and meeting sales goals. Above all, this person must always keep the customer’s success in mind, asking themselves “what’s the right thing to do?” in any situation. This is not an easy job as this person is being asked to hit a revenue number while never jeopardizing the client’s success and our reputation.
- Develop and oversee short and long-term tactical and strategic sales methods for achieving revenue goals and business objectives.
- Provide overall direction for the Sales organization in executing strategies, processes and meeting targeted revenue goals for the product lines.
- Provide leadership to Sales personnel through effective objective goal-setting, delegation, communication and coaching.
- Provide regular instruction to the Sales Team regarding Company technology, products and services, pricing, procedures, and product changes.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Foundant products and services, operations, and systems.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, opportunities, channels, products, and competitors to support business development opportunities.
- Design strategies to capitalize on market opportunities and ensure that strategic plans complement marketplace needs.
- Prepare forecasts and reports for the Sales organization to identify progress toward goals and to manage the day to day sales operations.
- Define and set sales quotas and compensation plans that align with the sales budget. Update, monitor, and report to the Executive team on accomplishments toward strategic plans monthly.
- Assess the effectiveness of existing sales representatives. Recommend and manage changes, as necessary, to provide optimal coverage for all product lines.
- Provide recommendations to the Executive team regarding opportunities for improvement in sales, programs, and procedures.
- Take responsibility for sales support activities such as, but not limited to: creating statements of work, proposal review, legal document review, sales proof-of-concept work, sales call support…etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years+ of managing a multiproduct sales organization
- 5 years+ of direct sales experienceSales compensation plan design, implementation, and quota-setting for multiple sales roles
- Successful background of scaling and developing team members
- Strong understanding of financial analytics preferred
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Open to travel
Key traits or skills desired are:
- Performance Management
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change
- Passion – for the company’s mission
- Highly energetic personality – a motivator
- Critical Thinking – strategic and analytical
- Leadership – easily move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and controlling work being done
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives; Excellent consulting skills as well as technical writing and public speaking
- Maturity – provide a good balance of risk-taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident; Able to operate independently of a large staff
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; Who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior