JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for direct solicitation of major gifts. In addition to managing a portfolio of donors, this position collaborates with the Development Team to identify and drive strategies designed to increase the number of major and planned gift ($10K+) donors and prospects (i.e. those capable of making five, six, seven figure gifts).
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES: Fundraising, cultivation, stewardship 100%
- Builds and maintains meaningful relationships with supporters, resulting in increased philanthropic support, enthusiasm for, and awareness of the activities of American Prairie Reserve.
- Using a Moves Management approach, works directly with APR fundraisers and Development Team to design and execute strategies that advance the cultivation and stewardship of major and planned giving donors.
- Manages a portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of American Prairie Reserve’s mission, values, goals, and culture.
- Comprehensive major and planned giving program management skills and experience, including short and long-term planning and evaluation, philanthropy ethics, cultivation practices, and development and maintenance of systems and processes.
- Highly competent in working with and enabling volunteers and staff with strong collaborative skills and ability to contribute to a team environment.
- Strategic oral and written communicator with assertive and proactive approach; articulate and poised with strong presentation skills.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Motivated, creative, and organized self-starter with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects and demonstrate time management and prioritization skills with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Resilient and engaging with savvy interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking and ability to analyze information.
- Familiarity with computer programs and databases.
- A minimum of 3+ years directly related professional experience.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Significant travel required. On average 8-10 days per month or 30%.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive as part of work travel.
- Experience in managing a comprehensive fund development program and producing major giving charitable contributions.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge, understanding and familiarity with state of Montana.
For a full job description, qualifications, & to apply, visit: americanprairie.org/employment