At the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant Controller will manage the accounting duties for the general operations for Story Distributing Company and Casey's Corner Stores The Assistant Controller is responsible for accurate and timely financials. Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Review company's financial status to ensure there are no discrepancies. Works as a team with the Wholesale Controller.
Wages DOE plus benefits including 100% employer paid Health Insurance, company gas allowance, clothing allowance, vacation and 401K after one year!
Manages at least two people.
Manage day to day accounting of Casey Stores including:
- PB3 integration, reconciliations on a weekly and monthly basis
- Accurately recording non-PB3 items in Petro-cycle to ensure Stores accounting properly reflect all income and expense
- Develop accounting process for Stores to maintain similar process among all stores including record keeping and maintenance of records
- Reconcile the Casey Store bank accounts each month
- Reconcile Store inventory as month end to accounting records
- Prepare financial reports by Store on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Review all sales tax reports
- Prepare monthly close items for all store inventory balance sheet accounts
- Manage payroll imports from ADP to PetroCycle and all allocations. Reconcile payroll to ADP on a monthly basis
- Maintain fixed asset listings
- Maintain convenience store accounting records, prepare monthly financial statements.
- Maintain all debt schedules for Companies and subsidiaries along with all compliance requirements
- Prepare monthly budgets for stores and report monthly budget to actual reports.
- Reconcile operational bank accounts each month
- Manage accounts payable function and staff, including reviewing AP runs prior to processing, approving check runs
- Coordinate with Wholesale & Distribution Controller for monthly financial reporting needs.
- Requires a four-year bachelor's degree
- Knowledgeable in accounting software: Retail and wholesale accounting software, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred with a focus on Excel
- The ability to work with others in a friendly and professional manner
- Detailed orientated
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Maintains the confidentially of company at all times. May work with employee files which demands the highest level of confidentially and discretion at all times
- Communicates professionally with all Company personnel, vendors, managers and other professional inside and outside the Company. Presents Story Distributing Company in a positive manner at all times
- This position requires a high energy level and ability to handle stress situations on a daily basis