Murdoch’s is looking to hire an experienced web application developer to lead software engineering projects for our eCommerce platform and internal applications. You will be hands on, helping deliver strategic technology initiatives and ensuring that internal solutions and those developed by our vendor partners meet our functional, quality and security standards.
To be successful in this role, you must have a proven track record of delivering web applications, database solutions, and/or backend application integration. Ecommerce experience preferred.
Murdoch’s is known for our legendary culture, individual empowerment and intense customer focus. We have great benefits, a fantastic work environment and proximity to the best outdoor playground in the west – fishing, hunting, climbing, biking, hiking, skiing – all right out your back door. If this sounds like a fit, give us a shout and we can talk some more about what we have to offer here in beautiful Bozeman Montana.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead our engineering efforts for improving existing solutions and building new applications
- Directing system testing and validation procedures
- Directing programming and development work for new projects
- Working with IT program managers and internal departments on project status and proposals
- Collaborate with IT and departments on solution definition, design, build and maintenance.
- Analyze information to recommend and plan the deployment of new code, systems or modifications of existing systems.
- Problem solve, engineer and figure out how to make our business-critical applications better, faster and cheaper to operate.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Be problem and solution focused on a wide variety of challenges.
- Have a thirst for learning and applying new technologies.
- Be creative with an ability to bring solution components together around existing applications / platforms - including researching ‘off the shelf’ solution capabilities before writing custom code.
- Hands on successful delivery of a variety of application development projects.
- In-depth understanding of data management, database design and integration principles
- Full stack experience preferred - Data Modeling, API(s) to User Interface
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Bending, carrying, and pushing
- Heavy lifting (no more than 50 lbs)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed
- Multiple Health Insurance options to best suit your needs
- Dental & Vision options to supplement your health plan
- Life Insurance securing your family’s financial future
- Vacation allows you to relax and recharge at your choosing
- Holiday Pay throughout the year so you can celebrate with those closest to you
- 401(k) with generous company match to help plan for your future
- Employee Discount on everything from clothes to power tools to pet food
- Community Giving Program matches your contributions donated
- Wellness Program save you money by lowering premiums with credits earned
- Other various Voluntary Insurance options