If you’re excited about using your super powers to make an impact on early childhood education, love working on the emerging technologies, are ready to build graceful digital experiences that don’t feel like “software," then you should join us!
The Full Stack Developer will design, build, test, and support our core product at MyVillage. You will work closely with our CTO, developers, product managers, and designer to concoct solutions and iteratively develop them based on data and observation. You will devise real-time user experiences, architect custom apps, and integrate seamlessly with third-party web services, always with our clear design principles in mind. You will consider scalability and maintainability, with some knowledge of modern devops patterns.
Along with other developers, the Full Stack Developer will:
- Create and maintain a unified UI layer in React
- Develop NodeJS applications to solve well-defined user needs (e.g., CMS, LMS, messaging, community)
- Design and implement microservice coordination patterns
- Participate in the definition of dev processes, including agile project management, continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD), release process
- Work in an agile environment where we ship features frequently
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Implement automated testing best practices; review and approve QA test plans
- Support tracking projects to schedule, budget, and scope, reporting status, issues, and risks to project leadership team.
- Assist in resolution of complex and escalated production issues
- Technical degree in a relevant field, or equivalent training and experience.
- At least three years of professional development experience.
- Experience in working with teams to deliver technology projects on time and within budget
- Experience developing and deploying applications hosted in AWS or similar cloud environments.
- ReactJS, React Native
- SQL (Mysql / Postgresql)
- noSQL (MongoDB/Elasticsearch)
- REST and GraphQL API design
- JSON / Websockets (Consuming and exposing APIs)
- Git source code management
- Principles of continuous integration/deployment
- Working knowledge of optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual rendering speed)
- Flexible workplace with a geographically dispersed team co-located in two awesome cities.
- Health insurance & a “take it as you need it” vacation policy
- Stock options granted to all full-time employees
- The opportunity to directly improve millions of lives. By hand selecting the workforce that will bring quality childcare at an affordable price to over a million children in the US. Few other activities can provide as fundamental of an impact to human lives as this.
- Some of the smartest, most committed, and hardest working co-workers in a distributed environment.
- Work for an innovative, mission-based start-up in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send us your resume & letter of interest and we’ll get the ball rolling from there!
About the Company:
MyVillage was founded by two moms (and experienced entrepreneurs) who are deeply committed to improving childcare to create better outcomes for kids, providers, and communities. MyVillage is a community of high-quality in-home childcare programs whose mission is to harness the power of community to create exceptional care for every child.
In the news:
NBC Montana, Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Vator