Riviera is looking for an experienced and automation-obsessed DevOps engineer to wrangle operations and application support processes. Working with our engineers, you will take a shared responsibility in designing and implementing infrastructure for delivering and running software services. You will be fully involved in building deployment and testing pipelines and infrastructure support services while delivering the best service and experience.
- Creating, deploying and supporting development, testing and production environments.
- Building new environments in accordance with business needs.
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues as they arise.
- Write maintainable and extensible code to build and manage infrastructure and participate in code reviews.
- Build systems to automate process, look after QA and maintenance, and manage virtual servers.
- Release and change management and incident and problem management both from a technology and process perspective.
- Set up monitoring, tools, and security.
- 3+ Years experience supporting a high-traffic production web based service
- Elasticsearch Experience
- Experience with serious operational demands of scaling Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Distributed Messaging Systems
- Strong Systems Administration skill set in AWS environment
- Practical scripting language experience (bash, perl, etc)
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Appreciation for fast-paced startup-style environments and tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Desirable Attributes:
- Computer Science background or training (OOP, Data Structures, Systems)
- Kubernetes Experience
- Experience with Private or Public Cloud infrastructure
- Participation in Open Source tools development, especially in the DevOps space
- Strong time management skills—the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints