Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
To provide subject-specific research expertise and undertake specific biomedical research work as directed by lead Principal Investigator (PI) or project lead to achieve the goals set forth in the project or protocol.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide program assistance by acting as a liaison and an effective communicator/facilitator between the Administrative Staff, Principal Investigators, and various departments.
- Assist with data entry and tracking charges for work done by all members of the department, including development of department catalog layout and design.
- Assist with graphs and reports for reviews, billing, and paper- work for compliance issues and publishing, workflow, and usage tracking.
- Monitoring Service and Support contracts for the department and proactively obtaining quotes in a timely manner to prevent lapse in coverage
- Participates in planning sessions, contributes management-oriented expertise in discussions of innovative ways and means of carrying out assigned programs, new programs, etc., and provides expert advice on the administrative and management implications of policy and program proposals.
- Provides administrative, contract, budget, procurement, branch operating procedures and oversees delegations of authority for use within the laboratory to obtain products and services in a timely manner.
- Assists the Administrative Officer with all transactions making sure they are charged to a Common Accounting Number (CAN).
- Participate fully in the management and development of activities and serves as a critical link between onsite administrative issues and policies and scientific program management
- Disseminates program changes, policies and procedures to internal and external stakeholders orally and in writing
- Works closely with the AO at the end of the FY cross-referencing AMBIS requisitions.
- Receives and tracks invoices and coordinate interaction with IAMB finance group to ensure proper allocation of charges.
- Works with the administrative staff to develop and implement SOP’s.
- Keeps the lab chief informed regarding various ethics training and maintains ethics forms for lab staff including financial disclosures and outside activities.
- Orders office supplies and prepares requisition documents for the procurement of laboratory equipment, supplies, and services.
- Advanced degree in immunology, biology, chemistry, or related science.
- Five (5) years or more of demonstrated relevant project experience.
- Demonstrated significant depth and breadth of subject level expertise.
- Demonstrated awareness of latest developments in the project specialty areas.
- Demonstrated potential to publish in high quality, peer reviewed articles.
- Ability to conduct research work and to disseminate results.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to write research reports and to effectively disseminate outcomes.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate emerging technologies for cell-based and biochemical assays, instrumentation, and automation utilized at all stages of drug discovery.
- Innovative provider of creative solutions.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-supervising team member.
- Organizational ability to plan and deliver work to meet required deadlines.
- Resilience in working to achieve team objectives and to overcome obstacles.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective team member.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.