The Buyer is the category leader for their assigned family of business as it relates to product assortment, pricing, and stock levels. The buyer balances meeting the needs of our stores and customers while achieving financial results that further the success of Murdoch’s. A Buyer operates with considerable independence and judgment when completing projects and procurements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Drive sales growth through listening to our stores, industry peers, and other sources to meet customer demand
* Maintains high in-stock rates, healthy turn and strong margins within their family of business
* Maintain a high level of product knowledge within assigned category
* Structures & maintains product data in a way that supports a solid understanding of what’s happening to key metrics within the business
* Builds strong product assortments with suppliers, negotiating improved programs related to all aspects of our vendor partnerships
* Attends trade shows and networks with industry peers to keep ahead of market trends
* Understands and embraces our Midco Distributing strategy to realize significant cost savings
* Partners with Planning Analyst to achieve planned sales, margin and inventory turn targets.
* Partners with Logistics to realize freight savings & efficiency
* Partners with Marketing to drive effective promotions that drive sales
* Partners with Training Coordinator to deploy effective product training
* Partners with Operations to gather feedback and take appropriate action.
* Partners with Finance in maintaining an accurate and efficient billing process
* Partners with eCommerce to ensure proper product assets are in place to support online sales
* Provides effective leadership to Purchasing Assistant
* Work with Divisional Merchandise Manager to develop and deploy an effective inventory management plan for their family of business
* Utilize both writing and verbal skills to clearly communicate issues to all levels
* Other responsibilities as called upon
Supervisory Areas of Responsibility (if applicable):
* Ensure Purchasing Assistant(s) are equipped with appropriate and necessary training resources so as to further develop a high performing team
* Develop and deploy an effective inventory management plan for their family of business