The Program Assistant of Engagement at the Montana State University Alumni Foundation (“Alumni Foundation”) is responsible for providing support for all programs of the Engagement team including membership, alumni chapters, reunions, volunteer programs, tailgates, award programs and other events. S/he works closely and collaboratively with the Engagement team and student employees to implement excellent customer service, value-added and efficient engagement of constituents in relation to organizational priorities and provide effective support as identified by the Vice President of Alumni Engagement.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a vital member of the Engagement team, working in collaboration with the Vice President of Alumni Engagement, members of the Engagement team and other staff.
- Provide general administrative support for programs and projects that strategically engage alumni and friends, serve our collaborative partners, and provide tangible opportunities for MSU affiliates to connect back to the University.
- Provide excellent customer service in answering the Engagement telephone line(s), answering emails from constituents, and taking and recording RSVPs for events.
- Support database integrity through database updates, attribute-coding, event-coding, record-keeping and reporting.
- Provide extensive program support through event set up, postings, event emails and web-site updates using iModules; serve in an administrative role with iModules across the Alumni Foundation.
- Affect and maintain a professional, proactive, positive, highly-collaborative, and performance-centric work environment.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Vice President of Alumni Engagement.
Duties and responsibilities may change at any time.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Complete respect for confidentiality.
- Experience in higher education or another non-profit industry preferred.
- Excellent telephone manner, strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to respond professionally and in a timely fashion to inquiries and the many constituents calling and emailing with varied questions and needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the organization, University, alumni, other constituents and the public. Ability to work with a diverse constituency.
- Willingness to take initiative and be self-motivated, solve-problems and have strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and abilities in constituent relations/database management, as well as experience with event-management platforms desired (web set up, reservations and registrations, contributions, etc.).
Strong commitment to the Alumni Foundation’s mission and goals.