Summary: The eCommerce Manager’s purpose is to drive the performance of Murdoch’s digital shopping experience by maximizing use of the eCommerce platform for scale, bring the Murdoch’s shopping experience to life digitally and manage all aspects of the user experience on Murdochs.com. Murdoch’s is looking for an eCommerce Manager who is excited about working for a culture and customer service driven company that is dedicated to evolving to meet our customer’s needs. The right person will need to be a strong communicator, eager to learn, solves problems and thrives on teaching others.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team that collaborates, communicates, performs at high levels, learns something new every day, and challenges the norm.
- Serve as a liaison and primary point of contact within the eCommerce team for cross-functional partners, acting as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test initiatives.
- Develop and oversee the effective planning, QA and execution of Murdochs.com content to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing.
- Manage all aspects of web analytics related to Murdochs.com and communicate relevant information to team members, cross-functional partners and leadership.
- Master understanding the Murdochs.com eCommerce platform and its capabilities – maximizing base out-of-the-box functionality to scale and democratize content creation and testing.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure all relevant organizational goals and implications are factored into Murdochs.com projects.
- Partner with IT to develop, prioritize and manage the Murdochs.com technology roadmap; Represent the customer and business priorities; Evaluate and share impact of enhancements and feature requests.
- Stay current with industry trends in Ecommerce and online customer experiences.
Skill Set Requirements:
- 5+ years of consumer-facing Digital and eCommerce experience, preferably with omnichannel retail; understands both the physical and digital shopping experience and how they support/drive each other.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team
- Track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships across Marketing, IT and other cross-functional partners. Must be able to collaborate with multiple business stakeholders.
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports and a track record of helping junior team members with a diverse mix of experience and skillset develop and excel.
- Experience with eCommerce platforms (Episerver, Magento, etc.); strong understanding of content management systems and best practices for scaling.
- Eager to learn and excited to work collaboratively across departments to solve problems.
- Understanding of omnichannel eCommerce best practices including SEO, KPI development and performance tracking, product catalog, taxonomy, accessibility, and navigation.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking. In depth understanding of Google Analytics.
- Ability to use the data to “story-tell” in a compelling manner to drive understanding of what is needed to drive growth.
- Proven track record of bringing stakeholders and partners along with new ideas and changes to the current state.
- Is an example of the Murdoch’s MVPs and models them for team members and partners.