The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for driving revenue, retaining and acquiring loyal customers through leadership of all marketing efforts. This will require developing a deep knowledge of our customers and what they need from Murdoch’s to make their lives better and become lifelong Murdoch’s loyalists. We are looking for a strategic leader that will drive innovation and inspire our teams to think differently, test new ideas and be a champion for the customer.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead execution of short and long-term Marketing strategies that support Murdoch’s sales and profitability targets.
- Drive Murdoch’s CRM strategy forward through maximization of our Customer Data Platform across marketing and business intelligence efforts. Enabling Murdoch’s to know our customers and evolve to meet their needs.
- Provide leadership to Murdoch’s brand/customer strategy, marketing, digital initiatives, category positioning and communications to drive customer engagement.
- Use customer and sales data to develop customer insights to inform marketing strategies and decisions.
- Represent the customer internally by communicating, learning through research and analysis, sharing insights with internal partners
- Work collaboratively throughout Murdoch’s as a key member of the Leadership Team with a keen understanding of our total business and how to enable its growth.
- Budget management, prioritization and allocation of resources to achieve/exceed company goals.
- Other responsibilities based on the needs of the business.
Skill Set Requirements:
- Superior leadership skills with ability to inspire a diverse team and drive positive change
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing CRM solutions for retail marketing
- Track record of managing change within an organization
- Knowledge of big data analysis for marketing application (e.g. media mix modeling and optimization, customer profitability analysis)
- Direct management of vendor relationships to support all marketing activities - ESP, advertising agencies (media, PPC, social), CRM/CDP platform
- Strong experience in digital marketing and digital transformation
- Creative vision, intuitive customer insight and analytical mind
- 10+ years marketing experience, 5+ in retail marketing
- Drive to meet or exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Maximizes team member potential and improves overall performance.
- Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Takes initiative, accurately assesses problems, and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions and solves problems.
- Expresses ideas and disagreements constructively, resolves conflict and encourages others to do the same.
- Multiple Health Insurance options to best suit your needs
- Dental & Vision options to supplement your health plan
- Life Insurance securing your family’s financial future
- Vacation allows you to relax and recharge at your choosing
- Holiday Pay throughout the year so you can celebrate with those closest to you
- 401(k) with generous company match to help plan for your future
- Employee Discount on everything from clothes to power tools to pet food
- Community Giving Program matches your contributions donated
- Wellness Program save you money by lowering premiums with credits earned
- Other various Voluntary Insurance options