Having product in-stock for our customers is essential to our success. The Replenishment Analyst (RA) focuses on keeping their assigned products in-stock with a relentless tenacity. The RA uses tactics such as, but not limited to: modifying ROP’s; running RSO’s; writing PO’s; creating transfers; monitoring Distribution Center (DC) stock with the ultimate goal of being a dependable supplier to our customers. The RA partners with Purchasing Assistants to hand off PO’s ready to be submitted to the vendor as well as tackling any issues which arise and keep us from being in-stock. The RA partners with Buyers to understand their plan for the products and to support the overall financial goals of their assigned categories, including recommending assortment changes to the buyer based on item performance. The RA works with the Financial Planner and the Buyer to ensure inventories are aligned with our financial goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Keep the stores in stock in your assigned products by using all available methods
- Ensure appropriate quantities are in stock at the DC
- Evaluate lead times (import and domestic) and put processes & procedures into place to ensure that vendors are always in stock, especially long lead time vendors
- Evaluate the sales of existing SKUs and determine appropriate order points, minimum order points, user codes, seasonal sales codes, etc.
- Support flyer in-stocks by reviewing advertising proofs for products under your responsibility and providing an extra focus on allowing for sales growth through a strong inventory position
- Participate in vendor meetings as needed to provide replenishment related information/further partner with vendors for an efficient flow of goods
- Provide ad-hoc analyses as needed
Skill Set Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure a close and effective working relationship with the team resulting in converting insights into results.
- Strong tenacity towards overcoming obstacles impeding our ability to stay in stock.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in finance, operations, economics, business or statistics.
- Two to four years of retail purchasing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude for retail math, logical analysis and creative problem solving
- Ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Communicate and influence decisions to profitably drive the business
- Ability to advance to high levels of understanding our ERP system with regards to purchasing inventory
Job Position Statistics:
- Actions and attitude aligned with Mission, Values, and Principles
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to balance the need for strong profit margins, turns and sales
- Positive attitude
- Team work
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Bending, carrying, and pushing
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions