Position Summary: To ensure the safety of the client while providing structure, support, and intervention when needed. Mental Health Workers model and provide healthy boundaries and relationships.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Previous Professional Experience: Two (2) years of experience working with youth in a similar setting or environment is preferred.
- License and/or Certification: Driver’s License to operate passenger vehicle. Successfully complete and maintain certification in identified Violence Intervention and Prevention Program.
- Criminal / Child Abuse Clearance: Must pass criminal record and child abuse registry background check as required by the State of Montana.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help creatively design, implement, and provide feedback for the program of treatment for each child in the unit.
- Maintain a positive, safe, and therapeutic milieu in the treatment unit. Supervise youth at all times while teaching them coping and daily living skills.
- Assure that proper treatment documentation is done on time, and is completed and consistent with YBGR policy.
- Serve as a liaison to families and agencies responsible for youth in unit, always providing professional customer service. Responsible for weekly contacts with families/agencies etc.
- Serve as a support person in the therapeutic treatment procedures (recreational, educational, spiritual, social, medical, etc.) assigned by the Program Manager.
- Responsible/accountable to the treatment team and YBGR for overall program needs.
- Contribute to the strategic goals and outcomes of the agency as measured by the development and achievement of individual, departmental, and organizational goals and outcomes. Participate in Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) goals of the organization both individually and as a team member.
- Other duties as assigned