The Software Engineer will play a critical role in helping Murdoch’s drive the software engineering efforts for their ecommerce experience. In support of this goal and Murdoch’s vision, you will be working hands on with new initiatives and projects in an agile development environment. To be successful in this role, you must have a proven track record of delivering web applications and digital customer experiences. Ecommerce experience preferred.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Contribute to our engineering effort to collaboratively improve ecommerce solution bringing state-of-the-art customer experiences and ideas to life
- Create, deploy and manage custom backend services preferably as RESTful APIs
- Consume and connect vendor services for integrations with various distributed systems
- Write and perform unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Help set technical standards and best practices for development team with architecture design patterns, performance and scalability in mind
- Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as front end developers, product managers, UX researchers, and ecommerce merchandisers
Skill Set Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS/CS/CIS, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in web development
- Strong computer science foundation with knowledge of data structures and how to utilize them
- Experience working with GIT version control and in cloud infrastructure with CI/CD
- Eager to improve every day and solve complex challenges
- Full-Stack experience preferred
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Bending, carrying, and pushing
- Heavy lifting (no more than 50 lbs)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed for conferences, etc.