Having product in-stock for our customers is essential to our success. The Replenishment Analyst (RA) focuses on keeping their assigned products in-stock with a relentless tenacity. The RA uses tactics such as, but not limited to: modifying Re-Order Points (ROPs), running Replenishment Orders (RSOs), writing Purchase Orders (PO’s), following up on PO’s with our vendor community, creating transfers; monitoring Distribution Center (DC) stock with the ultimate goal of being a dependable supplier to our customers. The RA partners with Purchasing Specialists to ensure pricing is correct as well as tackling any issues which arise and keep us from being in-stock. The RA partners with our vendor suppliers to ensure timely delivery of PO’s and address any issues that arise. The RA partners with Buyers to understand their plan for the products and to support the overall financial goals of their assigned categories, including recommending assortment changes to the buyer based on item performance. The RA works with the Financial Planner and the Buyer to ensure inventories are aligned with our financial goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Keep the stores in stock in your assigned products by using all available methods
- Ensure appropriate quantities are in stock at the DC
- Evaluate lead times (import and domestic) and put processes & procedures into place to ensure that vendors are always in stock, especially long lead time vendors
- Evaluate the sales & Weeks of Supply (WoS) of existing SKUs and determine appropriate order points, minimum order points, user codes, seasonal sales codes, etc.
- Support flyer in-stocks by reviewing advertising proofs for products under your responsibility and providing an extra focus on allowing for sales growth through a strong inventory position
- Participate in vendor meetings as needed to provide replenishment related information/further partner with vendors for an efficient flow of goods
- Maintain accurate on order quantities by following up on open orders and working with vendors to adjust PO’s as needed
- Provide ad-hoc analyses as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure a close and effective working relationship with the team & vendors resulting in converting insights into results.
- Strong tenacity towards overcoming obstacles impeding our ability to stay in stock.
- Detail oriented with aptitude for retail math, logical analysis and creative problem solving
- Ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment with a strong sense of urgency & time management
- Communicate and influence decisions to profitably drive the business
- Ability to advance to high levels of understanding our ERP system with regards to purchasing inventory
- Become an expert at Murdoch’s replenishment system & process
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or two to four years of retail purchasing experience preferred or equivalent in finance, operations, economics, business or statistics.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Bending, carrying, and pushing
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
- Multiple Health Insurance options to best suit your needs
- Dental & Vision options to supplement your health plan
- Life Insurance securing your family’s financial future
- Vacation allows you to relax and recharge at your choosing
- Paid Holidays throughout the year so you can celebrate with those closest to you
- 401(k) with generous company match to help plan for your future
- Employee Discount on everything from clothes to power tools to pet food
- Community Giving Program matches your contributions donated
- Wellness Program save you money by lowering premiums with credits earned
- Other various Voluntary Insurance options