The Murdoch’s Software Engineer plays a critical role in helping the team drive the software engineering efforts in our ecommerce experience. In support of Murdoch’s goals and vision, the Software Engineer will be working hands on with new initiatives and projects in an agile development environment.
- Contribute to our engineering effort to collaboratively improve headless ecommerce architecture bringing state-of-the-art customer experiences to life
- Develop and maintain customer-facing features on a Spryker (PHP), Vue Storefront (Vue.js) and Amazon Web Service
- Connect internal distributed systems and various vendor services by using enterprise integration patterns preferably enabling RESTful APIs
- Write and perform unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Help set technical standards and best practices for development team with performance, scalability and accessibility in mind
- Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as product managers, UX researchers, and ecommerce merchandisers
Skill Set Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS/CS/CIS, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional web development experience, preferably in ecommerce
- Familiarity working in object-oriented programming languages such as PHP, C#, Java using SQL/NoSQL databases
- Solid computer science foundation with knowledge of data structures and how to utilize them
- Experience working with GIT version control and in cloud infrastructure with CI/CD
- Eager to improve every day and solve complex challenges
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Bending, carrying, and pushing
- Lifting (no more than 50 lbs.)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed for conferences, etc.