The Senior Financial Analyst of the Montana State University Alumni Foundation (“Alumni Foundation”) will develop financial models, prepare projections, create and analyze reports, assist with financial planning, and manage investment accounts. This position will also negotiate financing and manage investment-related vendors. The Senior Financial Analyst works closely with and reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Accounting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build financial models and pro formas to support operational and investment decisions.
- Develop cash, revenue, and expense forecasts.
- Generate, analyze, and provide narrative for monthly financial reports and metrics.
- Prepare materials for the Board’s Finance Committee and Investment Committee.
- Contribute to annual donor endowment report preparation.
- Provide ad hoc reports to donors, the university, and Alumni Foundation staff.
- Perform financial research and analysis as requested.
- Support the annual and long-term financial planning processes.
- Execute cash and investment transactions.
- Manage investment-related vendors.
- Establish and maintain investment reporting software.
- Negotiate external financing and build banking relationships.
- Administer bank and investment accounts.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year-end close.
- Prepare annual audit and tax schedules and respond to auditor requests.
- Manage Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance program.
- Develop and document applicable procedures.
- Ensure compliance with financial guidelines, company policies, and relevant legal regulations.
- Affect and maintain a professional, proactive, positive, highly collaborative, and performance-centric work environment.
Duties and responsibilities are subject to change.
Five or more years of financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, treasury and/or investment experience
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
SPECIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and financial databases.
- Working knowledge of investing.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail in work product.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Project management skills to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to make effective public presentations.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as an effective team member.
- High standard of professional ethics and confidentiality.