Position Summary: At Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch, we count on our Mental Health Workers to support a trauma-informed environment, facilitate, and supervise day-to-day activities of residential programming such as recreational activities, completion of basic living and social skills while assuring the safety of the youth. They serve as a positive role model and mentor to adolescents in treatment. A Mental Health Worker will possess a strong work ethic, reliability, and a desire to help youth with complex emotional and behavioral issues. They should have a passion for this field and have the ability to be a positive role model and influence the youth.
You have the opportunity to be a part of something special, knowing that you a part of helping them on that journey. But It takes a special person to work with emotionally challenged youth, and it is not for everyone. It is challenging work that can take an emotional toll, so we offer a very robust benefits and perks package.
What you will receive if you are selected for this position:
- Hiring Bonus of up to $1,000.00 for full-time positions.
- A robust benefits package -
- Generous time off accrual, which includes 24 hours that is available for use after hire. Our own mental health requires time to get away for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Life has its share of ups and downs — and sometimes, you may need a little guidance through the "downs." Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is provided for FREE to you and dependents, living at or away from home, as well as household members, related or not, and is always confidential.
- Billings employees have free access to our onsite recreation center, including a full-court indoor gymnasium, a heated indoor swimming pool, cardio, weight lifting equipment, and even a bowling alley. In addition, you can join a yoga class or play a game of noon ball.
- Outdoor facilities include an experiential ropes course, baseball field, and basketball court.
- Outdoor recreational equipment (cross-country skis, snowshoes, canoes, and camping equipment) is available to be checked out by staff members. Getting away from it all and spending time in the beautiful outdoors does wonders for your mental health.
- Opportunities for advancement, all of our Program Managers and the Lead Program Manager started as Mental Health Workers.
- Plenty of professional development and continuing education opportunities, including an employee scholarship program
- No cost dorm-style housing with a private bedroom and shared living space with other staff members may be available on a short or long-term basis.
If you are from outside of the Billings area relocation assistance may be available.