EBMS is now accepting applications for an Accountant position in our Billings, Montana office! To create internal and external financial information, this job will use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), client Administrative Service Agreements, government requirements, and company rules.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Accounts payable, receivables, and financial/operational reporting for EBMS, affiliated firms, and/or clients.
- Create, maintain, and coordinate billing, accounting, reporting, and internal control procedures.
- Ensure that departmental processes and accounting policies are documented.
- Compile and evaluate financial and operational data in order to draft and document accounting and business transactions.
- Prepare and analyze subsidiary accounting ledger transactions, account balances, and assist in the monthly closing processes for Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and other pertinent accounts.
- Assist with the production of EBMS's yearly audited financial statements and other audits. Assist in the planning and execution of audits. Complete Prepared by Client (PBC) reports as requested by the external auditor or the leadership of the EBMS Finance Department.
- Prepare, evaluate, and finish reports and payments for the department, the company, and the government.
- Reconcile bank and general ledger accounts, as well as investigate and resolve inconsistencies.
- Contribute to the development, creation, and presentation of yearly budgets and financial projections.
- Analyze and assess departmental and management budgets, as well as actual/budget deviations.
- Prepare and present financial data to EBMS management and client employees.
- Provide accounting knowledge to the department by designing procedures, evaluating data, and establishing accounting standards.
- Conduct reviews and/or audits of other workers' work to ensure compliance with quality and procedural standards.
- Participate actively in departmental staff meetings and cross-departmental meetings to ensure compliance with business financial standards and government regulations.
- Accounting or Finance Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of expertise in general accounting; planning, cost control, compliance with Federal and State standards, and GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of computer software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office products, financial/accounting software tools, and report writers.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities, problem-solving abilities, analytical abilities, technical precision, and a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication abilities, both written and oral
We provide competitive compensation, an outstanding health plan, paid holidays and vacation days, and flexible work hours to our team members (when the position allows for it). We promote volunteerism since we have deep links to our community. Each year, our workers may take up to eight paid hours off to perform community service. Additionally, there are several advantages:
- Primary Care Facility on-Site
- 401 (k) Plan
- Health Reimbursement
- Account Reimbursement for Healthy Lifestyles
Why work at EBMS?
EBMS is one of the Pacific Northwest's major independent Third Party Administrators (TPA). EBMS specializes in multi-location enterprises, government institutions, and associations with more than 100 employees.
EBMS has progressed from claims processing to claims management throughout the years. Not only does EBMS handle claims swiftly and properly, but we also place a premium on prudent use of benefit plan money. EBMS's integrated structure enables it to assume the role of claims management. Our workforce includes Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, CPAs, and Attorneys. The ability to bring all parties together enables EBMS to conduct claim evaluations and management.
Benefits & Perks of the EBMS:
- Diversification of the workplace
- Veteran prepared
- Paid time off / compensation for gym membership
- Medical Dental 401K Flexible Spending Account Family-Friendly Benefits & Perks:
- Maternity leave is compensated
- Paternity leave that is compensated
- Pumping room
Apply below via the Work Spot!
Click here to find other jobs in Billings