MeatEater Inc. is seeking a Director of Corporate Development who will identify, evaluate, value, structure and negotiate business opportunities including acquisitions, divestitures, strategic partnerships, and equity investments. The Director of Corp. Dev. develops and acts as an objective advisor regarding the strategic fit, valuation, and structuring of these various M&A opportunities. This position is expected to provide overall project / deal management and, where appropriate, to work with the MeatEater Leadership Team. Finally, the Director, Corp Dev is responsible for shaping and executing MeatEater’s corporate strategy as well as developing and maintaining valuation models and transactional, diligence and integration processes.
- Build, maintain, and work a robust M&A pipeline
- Lead assigned aspects of the transaction process, including valuation and diligence
- Conduct valuation and financial analyses, including discounted cash flow, merger consequences and investment returns for potential transactions
- Play a key role in the development of transactional plans required to evaluate and complete transactions
- Coordinate and direct business unit and corporate resources as well as external advisor relationships (investment banks, law firms, accounting firms) according to agreed plan
- Build partnerships with the commercial team and other key business leaders to understand MeatEater’s business and M&A strategies and analyze, assess and present conclusions as to the strategic fit of inorganic opportunities
- Partner with business leaders and operations to assist in the integration plans and execution as needed
- Design and conduct strategic, market, competitive and financial analyses of business development opportunities, including potential acquisitions, divestitures, alliances and strategic investments
- Other duties as assigned and beneficial to MeatEater, Inc.
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree
- Minimum 5 years business experience, preferably in M&A / investment banking
- Experience in the outdoor industry is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated quantitative and strategic thinking aptitude
- Advanced corporate finance, modeling and project management skills
- Experience structuring, negotiating and closing business development-related transactions
- Strong capabilities in understanding and structuring complex transaction documents
- Ability to partner with attorneys and other deal professionals in developing and evolving transaction structures, integrating due diligence findings and driving successful negotiation outcomes
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Passion for hunting, fishing, cooking, and conservation
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Desire and ability to thrive and drive progress in a start-up environment
About MeatEater, Inc.
MeatEater, Inc. is an outdoor lifestyle media and commerce company founded by renowned writer, TV, and podcast personality Steven Rinella. With the belief that a deeper understanding of the natural world enriches all of our lives, MeatEater, Inc. brings together leading influencers in the categories of fishing, hunting, wild foods, and conservation to create premium content and experiences and provide unique apparel and equipment.
Click here to find other jobs in Bozeman