Under supervision of professional nurse performs direct patient care, primarily to SWB patients. Provides safe, efficient and caring services that focus on priority health needs of the individual resident. Is involved in active participation with the patient and family to enable them to attain and maintain optimum health practices acceptable nursing care as outlined by state regulations.
Minimum Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification Required:
- Certified as a nurse’s aide by the state of Montana or have taken the required nurse aide training and be actively seeking certification within the required time period.
- Must have a clean abuse registry record.
- Must be CPR certified.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (Must be able to perform with or without accommodation)
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental & infection control standards, with close attention to those specific to SWB patients.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of area of patient care to complete orientation instruction and training of assigned personnel.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental objectives, and infection control policies.
- Provides direct patient care and evaluates outcomes. Consults with professional nurses as required for direction. Consults with peers to ensure optimal patient care. Will work closely with SWB RN to provide care for SWB patients.
- Monitors patient conditions and makes a complete and accurate report to professional nurse as required and advised.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patient’s comfort and privacy and expresses interest in their progress. Will encourage/assist and educate SWB patients as they prepare for discharge.
- Is adherent with CMMC’s policy on strict patient confidentiality guidelines and meticulously adheres to them in dealings with staff, family and community.
- Obtains and documents patient vital signs, food & fluid consumption, bowel & bladder function, ADLs and mobility functions. Encourages and assists with participation in activities outside patient’s room as available and desired.
- Provide personal care to patients including all ADL functions & transportation.
- Maintains patient records and charts to ensure an accurate record of the patient’s medical treatment.
- Participates in educational programs and inservices meeting the twelve hours of continuing education hours required per year for their certification.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Prepares for scheduled and stat procedures as required.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patient and families in accordance with CMMC mission standards.
- Ensures an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning equipment, with close attention to those specific to SWB patients.
- Inspects area daily and as needed for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards and takes corrective action when violations or inadequacies are noted.
- Will participate in orientation of new personnel as directed.
- Performs light housekeeping tasks as directed and assigned.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with staff, family, patients and ancillary department personnel.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE for this position:
- Direct contact with blood or other bodily fluid to which universal precautions apply.
- Contact with agitated and/or combative patients/family members.
- Exert up to 100# occasionally, up to 50# frequently or up to 20# constantly
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Part-time opportunities
- Workplace diversity
- Veteran ready
- Paid time off
- Gym stipend / reimbursement
More information can be found at https://www.cmmc.health/employment/current-openings/.